Effective Date: October 30, 2019
Your Privacy is Important to Us
Information We Collect
Information Provided by You. You may provide us with certain personal information directly when you interact with us through one of our websites, for example, when you register on one of our websites, when you subscribe for an e-mail newsletter, or when you register to use certain services. Additionally, several of the services that we offer on our websites may require registration as a condition of use. Once you register with one of our websites you are no longer anonymous to us. We may also receive information about you from other sources including our suppliers and service providers and add it to the information you provided to us.
The types of personal information that you may directly provide us includes, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as age, date of birth, gender, job information;
- Login information, such as username and password;
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, billing address, bank account number, credit application information;
- Your educational history with us, such as the courses that you have enrolled in or attended
Information from Use of Website. Your Internet browser has a feature called “cookies” which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our websites. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
We may use technologies, including electronic images–sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or beacons–that allow us to track general user traffic patterns. We may also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on our websites, and information about pages you visited. Unless you have registered for one of our products or services, the information we gather through the use of tracking technologies cannot be matched with any personally identifiable information about you unless you have specifically given us personally identifiable information, in which case we use that information to enhance your services in the ways described below.
The information that we collect through automated means may include:
- Information about the devices used to access our websites;
- Dates, times, and durations of visits and return visits to our websites;
- Anonymous, aggregated (data collected in mass), statistical information on website usage; and
- Usage information regarding the features of our websites.
Additionally, we use certain third-party service providers, including specifically Google Analytics and Constant Contact, to assist us by providing analytics information for our websites and communications. For more information about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, see here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. For more information about Constant Contact’s privacy practices, please visit the following links: About Constant Contact and Frequently Asked Questions for Contacts. We recommend that you review these documents if you have any questions about these service providers.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information that we obtain about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in on-line registrations, message boards, etc.;
- Establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with you and to provide you with ongoing customer service;
- Send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you;
- Better understand your current and future needs;
- Communicate information about new products, services or solutions we think you may have an interest in;
- Enhance the user experience in our network of websites;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of our websites and transactions conducted using our websites;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms & Conditions and other agreements;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards; and
- Alert you to important safety notices regarding products and services you may have purchased from us.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Sharing Personal Information with Others
We may also use the information that we collect to assess your future needs and to offer the products and services that may best meet those needs. In these cases, should you not wish to hear from us in this manner, we will do our best to provide a simple method for you to have your name and information removed upon request.
We may need to share your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Applied Control, users of the Applied Control websites, or others.
How We Safeguard Personal Information
At Applied Control, we have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
If we provide our suppliers with any personal information, we will advise them that suppliers are required to maintain customer confidentiality and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
Employees are governed by standards and policies to ensure that personal information is secure and treated with care and respect.
You have the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Marketing Communications. If you have received a promotional email from us, you may opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email. You may also send us an email at any time if you wish to unsubscribe to our marketing communications. We will promptly remove your name from our mailing list.
- Cookies. You may elect not to allow cookies by adjusting your settings on your browser. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit most of our websites, although active participation in certain areas of our websites may require cookies.
- Web Analytics. You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Sites by Google Analytics by installing the following browser extension from Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Review/Access your Personal Information. You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Applied Control websites and services are not directed to, and Applied Control does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to be removed from our mailing lists or have concerns as to the accuracy of information, please email us.