Safety Management Plan: Purpose
The Management Team at Applied Control Equipment believes that our people are our most important asset and that the preservation of employee safety and health must remain a constant consideration in every phase of our business. It is our intent to provide a work environment as free of hazards as possible.
All employees and subcontractors are responsible for working safely and productively, always remaining aware of hazards in their jobs and following recognized safe work practices, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
It is also our belief that any safety and health program must have total employee and subcontractor involvement. Therefore this program has management’s highest priority, support, and participation.
The purpose our safety management plan is to define the responsibilities and duties of the employees and subcontractors of Applied Control Equipment (ACE), and to ensure a safe work environment whether working in the office, shop or at a customer site.
Safety Management Plan: Scope
Safety begins at the top and involves everyone in the company. Our primary goal is to have an injury free work place. This can be achieved by delegating responsibility and accountability to all involved in the company’s operation. We will use additional benchmarks as necessary to help us achieve this goal.
Responsibility: Answering for activities and results.
Accountability: Management will actively measure to enforce compliance.
Using this foundation, to reach our goal of a safe work place, everyone needs to take responsibility. Then everyone will be held accountable.
Benefits of achieving our goals are:
- Minimizing all injury accidents
- Minimizing loss to property and equipment
- No fatalities
- No permanent disabilities
- Having the best safety & health conditions possible
- Maintaining proper safety records
- Improving overall business operations to make us more competitive in the marketplace
Annual illness and injury incidents are reviewed at each safety committee meeting on a regular basis.
The Safety Management Plan addresses:
- Pre-employment screening for substance abuse
- Pre-employment and subcontractor safety orientation
- Safety meetings
- Emergency Action Plan
- Accident investigation and reporting
- General safety rules for office and shop activities
- Safety rules for work at a customer site
- Vehicle Safety Plan
- Hazard Communication Program
Partner Safety Management Companies
To learn more about our commitment to safety, please call 303-799-9300.